Monday, January 19, 2009

Pamphlets On Donating Blood

Belem

I prepare for the last part of my journey to lighten the backpack of books and clothes and unnecessary departure to Pará.
Unfortunately due to summer holidays the buses Rio-Belem that fanned 52 hours non-stop are all full, demonstrating the resilience and endurance of this people.
Smezzo the crossing in two sections and after 27 hours are in Salvador, just to take a little 'color in the sun of Bahia and dive again dende oil smell that fills all the streets of the city. Summer is here and you hear, the sea has a different color than in September.
another 36 hour bus ride, this time in very bad condition as to require yet another sheet of complaint to the airlines, and at 7.00 in the morning I appear as a spirit to Belem, the port of all goods that pass over the Rio the Amazon.
Without even thinking about going to the market Ver-o-Peso and amazes for the wonderful variety of vegetables, fruit and fish totally unknown to me as a large part of Brazilians. They are the products of the Amazon, the authentic Brazilian food: Acai with tapioca, no tacacá Tucupita, Bacuri, murex, cupuaçu, graviola, Tamata, macaxeira ..
beo me ecstatic, tasting as many more special possibilities and appreciate the views of this river town, the big boats like the boats of the Mississippi (the ones with piano bar, ladies and poker players), the strong, beautiful palaces of rubber in the streets with colonial churches, some built by an Italian architect sent directly by the Church in the seventeenth century and the rain that comes in on time at noon hour and wash the city, refreshes from the muggy heat and gives the citizens a good quantity of mangoes that fall to the ground when not crack the windows of cars.
Not that we here are the real American Indians, you see them everywhere on the coast of Brazil, but at least the environment is part of the culture and the Amazon is a great discovery.
real city, dirty and crowded market in the port and, dangerous as they tell me (any Brazilian will tell you that the cities are dangerous, now I do not notice it) gave me the desire to know the forest.
I was a guest at the home of Erica where I've been treated great. His family fed me and took care to tell me where to go and what to do, I stayed in the house of Mosqueiro , an island just north of where I went swimming in the river Pará (but there are no piranha) and I recharged the batteries are ready to leave again, this time in the direction of Maranhão.

0 comments:

Post a Comment