Thursday, March 19, 2009

Molested On The Trains

Tour del Nordeste (Part III) - From Recife to Salvador Carnival

Recife I leave to escape the inertia and the sedentary and thus poorly suited to the traveler and fly to Porto de Galinhas , coastal village, clear water, which owes its name to the practice of importing slaves hiding banks to process poultry under control and the law that abolished slavery in 1888. One of the most beautiful seas
seen so far, great for families with children, with cliffs in front of the beach full of fish at all frightened by humans. I sleep a pousada
an economic disadvantage with the owner of the gay man who tries constantly with me for all 4-day stay, with playful pranks from the vulgar, but I do not intimidate me and when I leave my the expected timetable.
For the brave men or trying new experiences, to ask for Albergue do Alberto , near the main road. For men who prefer the sound and old traditions, request of William, for $ 300 R presents the attractive friends of Recife ..
I decide to improvise a bit 'and I stopped overnight at Maragogi , which is another piece of picture-postcard coastline, especially walking to and passing the bar mangue and morro adjacent. In
machine lotação (filling) the next day brings me to two Argentine Maceió know with whom I go out at night to the capital of Alagoas, apparently quite dead, and with a beach quite dirty.
One night is sufficient, because the morning after the Recepcionista tells us that for reasons incomprehensible to the pousada administration is forced to close immediately, and I that I went away soon I have not had the experience of other guests who were forced to fall get your bags out the window and with the sheets bound ..
Things to Brazil. In the meantime, I headed to Penedo, another place steeped in history situated on the river São Francisco , the third largest in the country and the most important for training and national history. The landscape is beautiful and different, the river is a navigable waterway linking the Atlantic coast to the arid interior and Sertão that gives the illusion of prosperity and development of the minimum that the Northeast is still waiting.
Here I stop just one day, the clock is ticking and I want to get to Salvador for the last week of travel. For
Aracaju are host of Fatima and family and are treated very well, while the evening, I entrust to the plans of Selma and his friends.
Great environment, people are all nice and friendly, no longer surprises me most, and the city is well organized and easily lets you know (by car, of course).
4 days rest before returning to Bahia and I try a desperate sortie to Mangue Seco, but my alternative route crashes relentlessly against the bow of a boat too expensive for just one day stay, then turn back and do a route Salvador , first and last stage of Braziladventures .

0 comments:

Post a Comment