Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Does Cd Mean Shoe Size

Porto Alegre

Type of Hotel Palacio received me cordially, I list the rates and takes me to see the room. We reach the top floor, low ceilings, the room that has a strange L-shaped and is pretty close. Faithfully reflects the description of my guide: "The spacious rooms in the dorms seem to institutional green (...)".
I think the guy saw me in the backpacker on duty and not a potential writer of travel guides, and more than justifies the choice of accommodation most unlucky.
I realize now that the annoying volume changes in my room a niche is the elevator shaft with motor and pulleys and the bathroom has appointed me to the ceiling-height shower head and consequently much lower. The lanky exaggerated sympathetic, and wonder if I go down the elevator up to work late because it seems to lie in a tram. I am assured that all ends at 10 pm on the motion and the sound accordingly. Well.

I went back to Porto Alegre after a quick passage for Gramado and Canela , two Bavarian villages in the mountains of Rio Grande do Sul. The houses, the red face of the inhabitants and their emphasis on the guttural Germanic South Tyrol is an unexpected twist in the Brazilian landscape, a Wilkommen the lands settled by our ancestors.
Porto Alegre but not so much the appearance of a city taken care of, at least in the center. The old port is semidismesso but but continues to hide behind a long wall that keeps the city to get water, that we can not swim but at least see it ..
much better to the south by the gasometer on you can stroll by the river enjoying the sunset, carefully avoiding gatherings of young teens who love loud music and cars rigged. In the center
unfortunately there is poverty and it is divided between those who beg and those who make the collection on behalf of citizens lazy, carrying huge amounts of paper and plastic on antediluvian wooden carriages and causing a feeling of abandonment and dirt greater than it is to be avoided.
Fortunately Simon has ever guessed the best seats and supported my list of activities, even when we had to fight with the illegal parking on duty for trivial matters of tariffs (incredibly familiar piece of this city where the few parks that are prey to wastrel make the price on the value of the car, so a car is imported as easily get to pay for a combo of the McDonald's menu).

Back at the hotel later to avoid being disturbed by the comings and goings at night, but the next morning at 6 am I am awakened people to the elevator that goes work and my sleep to the devil.
protested vociferously with the replacement of the owner and threatened cuts in the price.
Shortly before leaving the smart intersection is serving a misery Recepcionista me for my trouble but the way my complaint, the conscience is quiet. Then scorn to start a discussion of 45 minutes on Italian politics and international lists a dozen of the 265 successive popes to date citing religious orders, Templars, Paolo Berlusconi, Masonic lodges, Pepin the Short, Napoleon, Alexander VI and Leo X, the consequences of the election of Wojtyla sula Cold War, the 12 tectonic plates that make seismic Brazil, pastures and crops of soy ..
Without words, I set to the bus to Uruguay, Simone decides to pay me a taking me a healthy home-made caipirinha, which is consumed in a Vai com deus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment